Forty million Americans have a sleep disorder. Are you one of them?
If you have trouble sleeping, chances are you’ve rationalized it in any number of ways. But not resting soundly on a regular basis might be costing you more than just pleasant dreams – an untreated sleep disorder can lead to serious health problems.
Crozer-Keystone's accredited, multidisciplinary program for the investigation and treatment of sleep problems was established in 1978. It is the oldest accredited program for the evaluation of patients with sleep-related problems in the Greater Delaware Valley. The Sleep Centers at Crozer Health Pavilion at Brinton Lake, Delaware County Memorial Hospital and Taylor Hospital are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Accreditation assures patients that the Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers offer superior quality medical care.
- For more than 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of people get the rest they need.
- Our sleep centers are staffed by neurologists and pulmonologists who are fellowship-trained and board-certified in sleep medicine.
- The team also includes physician specialists who are trained in sleep medicine as well as compassionate and caring technical staff.
- We are regionally known as a fellowship training site.
Learn how to prepare for a sleep study or, if you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions. The Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers also offer a Sleep Disorders Support Group.
Common Adult Sleep Disorders
Sleepiness is commonly experienced by anyone who is sleep-deprived. Evaluation at the Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers will help confirm a diagnosis and establish a treatment program. The following are the most common adult sleep disorders.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Chronic Sleep Deprivation
- Emotional Problems
- Chronic Conditioned Arousal
- Drug Dependence
- Periodic Limb Movements (PLMS)
- Special Needs of Women
View additional information about sleep disorders and women and sleep.
Women and Sleep
Do you have trouble getting to sleep at night? Do you doze off at work, while driving, or at other inappropriate times? Do you feel depressed, sluggish or unmotivated? Do you or your partner snore? Do you wake up to go to the bathroom during the night? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then you might be one of millions of American women who suffer from sleep problems.
In fact, a 2005 National Sleep Foundation poll found that women are more likely than men to have difficulty falling and staying asleep—and women are also more likely to experience daytime sleepiness.
Following are the most common sleep disorders among women.
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)/Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)
- Nocturnal Sleep-Related Eating Disorder (NS-RED)
View additional information about women and sleep.
Children and Sleep
Good quality sleep is crucial to children’s physical and emotional health, and sleep problems can negatively affect their mood, relationships, schoolwork and other activities. Because pediatric sleep medicine is a relatively new field, these problems too often go untreated.
Led by pediatric pulmonologist and medical advisor for Pediatric Sleep Services at Crozer-Keystone Vatsala Ramprasad, M.D., the Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers serve the needs of children ages 6 months to 16 years with problems such as sleep apnea, sleep walking, insomnia, night terrors and more. Read on to learn more about sleep disorders and how the board-certified specialists at the Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers can help your children get their needed rest.
- Behavioral Sleep Disorders
- Circadian Clock Changes
- Night Walking
- Non-restorative Sleep
- Sleep Apnea
View additional information about children and sleep.
Our Sleep Locations
Crozer-Keystone Sleep Center at Brinton Lake (a division of Taylor Hospital)
145 South Brinton Lake Road, Suite 100
Glen Mills, PA 19342
Crozer-Keystone Sleep Center at Delaware County Memorial Hospital
2100 Keystone Avenue, Suite 703
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Crozer-Keystone Sleep Center at Taylor Hospital
175 E. Chester Pike, 3rd Floor
Ridley Park, PA 19078
Our team includes board-certified physician specialists who are trained in sleep medicine, as well as trained in other specialty areas—including:
- Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Dentistry
- Additional technical staff
Sleep Center Media and Videos
Crozer-Keystone Sleep Centers Ads and Videos
- One Night at a Crozer-Keystone Sleep Center Can Make a Difference in Your Life! Learn how we can help you.
- Roughly 40 million Americans have a sleep disorder. View our ad. Maybe it's time to find out if you're one of them.
- An Overnight Success... For 30 Years. See how long we've been helping others. View our ad
Useful Internet Links
Are you Sleepy? Do you fall asleep at inappropriate times? Try the Sleepiness Scale.