For appointments and more information, call 610-447-2800.
For details about the Burn Treatment Center visitor policies, please click on the shaded bars below.
Family Guide to Treatment
You may also download and print our handy Family Guide to Treatment.
Before You Arrive at the Hospital
Your family member or friend has been undergoing a very thorough admission procedure with our physicians and burn team. This comprehensive evaluation and beginning treatment will help stabilize your loved one's condition. When this process is completed, your loved one will be placed in a bed and assigned a burn nurse who will take care of him or her. This admission process will take approximately three hours. After this, you will be able to see your loved one.
Please take time to:
- Gather and bring your loved one's medications and family physician information.
- Bring any of your own medications that you may need to take while you are at the medical cneter.
- Drive safely.
Crozer-Chester Medical Center offers two parking garages with a maximum daily charge of $7.
- Garage II: Located on Medical Center Blvd. It is open daily fro self-parking, 6:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Upland Avenue Garage: Located near the Emergency Department and Bertram Speare Outpatient Pavilion, it can be accessed by turning onto East Drive from Upland Ave., the street that runs in front of the medical center. It is open 24 hours a day for self-parking
- Free on-street parking is also available.
Valet parking is available at no additional charge, and tipping is not expected. If you wish to have your car valet parked, enter the medical center campus on Medical Center Blvd. and take the last left before reaching Garage II, toward our Professional Office Buildings and Crozer Regional Cancer Center. Valet parking is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:45 p.m. Cars are not parked after 4:30 p.m. If you are exiting after hours, contact Security at 610-447-2888.
Once You Arrive at the Hospital
The Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center is located on the first floor of the medical center, near the main lobby and entrance.
When you arrive at the Burn Treatment Center, please have a seat in the Family Waiting Room. Dial ext. 2800, and a member of our burn team will answer your call.
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- 4 to 6 p.m.
- 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Because the Burn Treatment Center is an "infection controlled" area, visiting is limited to the immediate family only.
- Visitors must be 16 years old.
- Only two visitors at a bedside are permitted.
- No fresh fruit, flowers, pets, food, balloons, planters or electrical appliances may be brough into the Burn Treatment Center.
The Burn Treatment Center has strict rules in place to protect burn patients from serious infections.
- You will need to wear gloves and cover gowns while you are inside the Burn Treatment Center.
- Follow the printed instructions in the Family Waiting Room. A Burn Treatment Center staff member will be available to help you.
- Please notify the nurse if you have a cold or other communicable disease. You may be required to wear a mask.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the Burn Treatment Center.
Where to Stay
Some suggestions on nearby hotels:
- Best Western, 1450 Providence Ave., Chester. Phone: 610-872-8100. Approx. 3 blocks from Crozer.
- Comfort Inn, 53 Industrial Highway, Essington. Phone: 610-521-9800. Approx 5 miles from Crozer.
- Holiday Inn, 45 Industrial Highway, Essington. Phone: 610-521-2400. Approx. 5 miles from Crozer.
- Ramada Inn, 49 Industrial Highway, Essington. Phone: 610-521-9600. Approx. 5 miles from Crozer.
- Courtyard Marriott, 8900 Bartram Avenue, Philadelphia. Phone: 215-365-2200.
- Radisson, 500 Stevens Drive, Philadelphia. Phone: 610-521-5900.
Where to Eat
- Hospital cafeteria: Located on the ground floor, the cafeteria is open from 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m. during weekdays.
- The Atrium: Located near the main lobby, the Atrium offers a range of food and beverage options from 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekends and holidays from 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Vending machines: Machines for snacks and hot and cold drinks are located on the ground floor near the Cafeteria and on the first floor near the Emergency Department.