Upcoming Free Events
The following free lectures, screenings and health fairs will be offered during the month of April.
DCMH Skin Cancer Screenings
Saturday, April 10
9 a.m. to noon
DCMH Cancer Center
Call (610) 284-8158 to register.
Join Crozer-Keystone’s Hospice Program for a “Spring Remembrance Service”
Crozer-Keystone Health System’s Hospice Program will hold a “Spring Remembrance Service” on Tuesday, April 27, at 7 p.m. in the main lobby of Springfield Hospital. Each family who participates is invited to bring a picture or memento in memory of a loved one and is welcome to share a story or memory of that person during the service. Participants will also be given a rose to place it in a vase during the service in memory of their loved one. For information or to register for the service, call (610) 394-1017.
Join the Fun of the 20th Annual Ridley Health Awareness Day
Ridley Health Awareness Day is an annual offering of free health screenings, information, kids’ activities and more. This year’s event, which will be combined with the YMCA’s annual Healthy Kids Day, will be held on Saturday, April 10, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Ridley High School. The event includes offerings such as cholesterol/glucose (8-10 a.m. only; fasting required—nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before), osteoporosis, skin cancer, foot and ankle, and blood pressure screenings; “brown bag” medication reviews; an “Ask the Doctor” table; and information on a variety of topics (including nutrition, safety, drug and alcohol prevention, senior services, handwashing and more). There will be lots of fun activities in the gym for the kids, and food will be available for purchase. Stop by early for free gifts!
This April, Get to Know the Healthplex® Sports Club
Throughout April, the Healthplex® Sports Club will offer free events (open to the public) highlighting programs that help make it the region’s premier health club.
- April 9: Open Basketball Court Night. 5 to 9 p.m.
- April 10: Ballroom, Latin and Social Dancing. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- April 16: Zumba® Night. 6 to 6:30 p.m.; party workout, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.,
- April 16: Racquet Sports Night. 6 to 8 p.m. Reservations required: Call 610-328-8898.
- April 23: Les Mills® BODYFLOW Class. 6 p.m.
- April 23: Open Swim/Flick ’N Float. Open swim, 6 p.m.; Movie, 7 p.m. Reservations required: Call 610-328-8882.
Plus, if you join the club by April 29, they’ll take half off of the initiation fee. Call 610-328-8888 for more information.
Crozer-Keystone Cardiovascular Days
At upcoming Cardiovascular Days events, Crozer and Springfield will offer glucose/cholesterol screenings, blood pressure screenings, stroke risk assessments and health information and activities provided by a range of Crozer-Keystone departments.
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center: April 20 from 8 a.m. to noon in the main lobby. Call 1-800-CK-HEALTH (1-800-254-3258) to register.
- Springfield Hospital: May 17, from 8 a.m. to noon in the main lobby. Call 1-800-CK-HEALTH (1-800-254-3258) to register.