Curriculum & Schedules
The Transitional program consists of 13 blocks in the year, with four weeks in each block.
- 4 blocks of Internal Medicine floor services
- 1 block Pediatric Ambulatory
- 2 blocks Critical Care
- 1 block Emergency Medicine
- 1 block "Night Float"
- 4 Electives
Additionally, Transitional First-Year Residency Program residents participate in:
- Teaching Attending Rounds - five days per week on all services in each department
- Morning Report - four or five days a week, depending on the department
- Didactic Series - sponsored by all departments in a variety of formats
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference
- Journal Club