Healthcare Hot-Spotting and Super-Utilizer Fellowship
As our nation and healthcare system advance, we are challenged to produce and execute novel and sustainable approaches that expand healthcare access while providing quality care. Therefore, Crozer-Keystone Health System and the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers have partnered to create a unique fellowship to address the disproportionate use of healthcare resources, especially by those patients who suffer from chronic and complex medical conditions. In Camden, New Jersey, Dr. Jeffrey Brenner and the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers have used community-based care coordination to achieve great clinical advances for patients who frequently utilize area emergency rooms and hospitals.
About the Program
In this video from the American Psychological Association, William Warning, M.D. and Barry Jacbos, Psy.D. provide an overview of the Crozer-Keystone Super-Utilizer Fellowship at the Center for Family Medicine.
This year-long fellowship seeks to train Family Physicians and Nurse Practitioners to become clinical champions for the development of strategies and the implementation of systems to address this issue of frequent utilization by working closely with the Camden Coalition and Crozer-Keystone. The fellowship aims to enable Family Physicians and Nurse Practitioners to develop and contribute to a unique and sustainable approach to population health.
- One day-a-week working with the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers in Camden, NJ
- One-and-a-half-days a week helping design and run the Crozer-Keystone Center for Family Health’s Super-Utilizer programs
- Two-and-a-half-days a week of clinical time seeing patients in a Crozer-Keystone primary care office
Personal Qualities and Attributes of Potential Fellows
- Graduate of an accredited Family Medicine Residency or Nurse Practitioner Program
- Excellent academic and clinical record
- Interest in care of the underserved population
- Interest in developing skills in hot-spotting, healthcare policy, medical home models, and chronic care management
- Competitive salary and benefits
- CME stipend and travel allowance
- Annual bonus
Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
For more information, please contact our Fellowship Coordinator at email@example.com or 610-690-4471.