Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Crozer-Keystone Health System - PA

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Women, Infants, and Children logo

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition program for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, postpartum women and infants and children up to five years of age.

At WIC, moms and moms-to-be learn about which foods to choose for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy family. Join other families like yours in getting the foods and information you need to help your children learn and grow.

Who Does WIC Serve?

WIC is for Pennsylvania residents who have a medical or nutritional risk, who have a household gross income less than 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines, and who fall into one of the following categories:

  • Pregnant women
  • Women who have given birth within the last six months
  • Women who are breastfeeding infants under twelve months of age
  • Infants and children, including foster children, up to their 5th birthday

Visit Pennsylvania WIC Program for income eligibility guidelines.

Benefits and Services

WIC provides the following services:

  • Nutrition services, counseling and information
  • Vouchers to purchase nutritious foods
  • Breastfeeding promotion and support
  • Referrals to health and social service agencies
  • Health and immunization screenings
  • Summer Food Service Program feeding site
  • Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program check distribution site

Physicians: Make a Referral to WIC

Find contact information and referral forms for easy referral of your patients to WIC

How to Apply

Women, infants, and children living in Pennsylvania, who are at medical or nutritional risk, and meet WIC income guidelines are invited to apply for WIC benefits. Fathers of children under the age of five are encouraged to enroll their children in the WIC Program. Just like any other parent or guardian, fathers can bring their children to appointments, attend nutrition counseling sessions, and cash food vouchers for their children. If you are a grandparent and foster parent who has custody of grandchildren or children under the age of 5, you may apply on their behalf.

To apply, contact the Delaware County WIC Appointment Call Center at 610-497-7660.

If you live outside of Delaware County, contact 1-800-WIC-WINS or 1-800-942-9467 to be connected with the WIC Office closest to your home.

Questionnaires to Fill Out Before Your First Appointment

To serve you more efficiently during your visit to the WIC office, please print and complete a dietary questionnaire for each applicant prior to your appointment to apply for WIC or prior to your recertification appointment. Please bring the completed questionnaires with you to your appointment.

Dietary Questionnaire for Pregnant Women

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Women English (PDF)

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Women Spanish (PDF)

WIC Prenatal Questionnaire English (PDF)

WIC Prenatal Questionnaire Spanish (PDF)

Dietary Questionnaire for Breastfeeding and Non-Breastfeeding Mothers

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Women English (PDF)

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Women Spanish (PDF)

Dietary Questionnaire for Infants

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Infants English (PDF)

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Infants Spanish (PDF)

Dietary Questionnaire for Children

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Children English (PDF)

WIC Dietary Questionnaire for Children Spanish (PDF)

What to Bring to Your First WIC Appointment or Recertification Appointment

  • Proof of identity for each applicant. Bring picture ID (e.g., driver’s license, valid school ID) or two of the following:
    • Birth certificate
    • Resident card
    • Health insurance card
    • Passport
    • Voter registration card
    • Immunization record
    • Baby’s hospital papers
    • Crib card/foot prints
  • Proof of income for everyone in the household (e.g., current pay stubs, unemployment card, income tax return)
  • Medical Assistance cards and/or statement of benefits received through TANF or food stamps, if applicable
  • Proof of Pennsylvania residency (e.g., driver’s license, copy of lease, utility bill, or recent mail with your name and address)
  • Immunization record for all children 2 years of age or younger
  • Children under age 5
  • If applicable, proof of pregnancy from your doctor stating your due date
  • Blood work results (hematocrit or hemoglobin) if available
  • Completed WIC Registration form and dietary questionnaire (for each applicant) if possible - forms are listed above 
Note: WIC does not require proof of citizenship or alien status.

What to Bring to Your Check Pick-up Appointment

Please bring the following items to the WIC office when you go there to pick up your food vouchers:

  • WIC ID card
  • Any documents requested by WIC staff that you may have forgotten at your last visit

WIC Does Not Discriminate

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 

Click for Full Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Related Locations

Stay Connected

Follow us on TwitterWith a focus on women’s health, we provide tools to help you achieve wellness of the mind, body and soul. Follow us on Twitter @CKHS4Women