Skip to Content

Blueprints/Peer Leader Program

Launched in 2006, Blueprints is an evolution of the Peer Leader Program, Crozer Wellness Center’s first youth leadership program that started in 1996. Operated in partnership with Swarthmore College’s Black Cultural Center and the College Access Center of Delaware County, Blueprints is open to young people in the Chester Upland School District who have one or more risk factors for drop-out. Swarthmore College students facilitate tutoring, mentoring and cultural enrichment activities, while the College Access Center offers career exposure and college guidance. The Crozer Wellness Center provides community service experiences, life skills and risk reduction education, and peer leader training.

The program is cohort-based and can handle 40 students; the current cohort, eighth-graders in 2012-2013, will continue through high school graduation in 2016-2017.

From Our Participants and Their Parents

“The word failure doesn’t exist in the Blueprints program”.  – JT, participant

“He went from Ds and Cs to As. I’ve never seen a program like this in my life- that would just take my son and mold him into the man he is today. I don’t have to worry about him. I know that what they gave him, he’s going to take it and move on.”  - Participant parent

“By having the Blueprints program, it was like having another set of parents helping me along the way.” – Participant parent

“The Blueprints program kept me out of trouble and kept me busy.”  - GS, participant

Learn More about Blueprints

An overview of the Blueprints program, with commentary from participants, staff and participant families

Contact Us

Youth Development Programs & City-Wide Initiatives

Crozer Wellness Center Community Hospital
2600 W. 9th St., 1st Floor
Chester, PA 19013
Phone: (610) 497-7422
Fax: (610) 497-7438

A Class For You

Find a class that meets your needs. Register at Classes and Events.

Patient Portal

Convenient access to Crozer-Keystone Health Network physicians, medical information, and more. Learn More