Inpatient Hospice Care
With a team of highly trained professionals and volunteers, Crozer-Keystone’s Hospice services bring dignity and peace to patients who require a more intense level of care. The Crozer-Keystone Hospice Residence at Taylor Hospital is a beautiful 10-bed inpatient unit designed for comfort and ease. Private rooms are tastefully decorated like a home. Each is comfortably furnished and includes a private bathroom. The unit is also outfitted with public dining and activity areas for patients and their loved ones. Adults, children and pets are welcome any time.
We provide a caring and comfortable environment for patients and their families. The ten-bed unit includes an activity room, extra beds for family members, kitchen and shower facilities for family members and visitors and easy access to healthcare professionals at the nurses' station.
Services provided include:
- Visits by nurses, social workers, clergy and volunteers.
- Home health aides to assist with personal care.
- Family teaching on what to expect from illness.
- Counseling to help cope with the feelings surrounding illness and death.
- Medications, medical equipment and supplies.
- Pastoral care and consultation available to the patient and their family as desired for spiritual support.
- Assistance of Hospice volunteers for respite and companionship.
- Occupational, speech and physical therapies are available as needed along with nutritional consults if recommended.
- Assistance with the use of community resources, and explanations of insurance coverage and availability of financial assistance.
- Bereavement care and support to families and friends for 12-14 months following the death of their loved one.
- Hospice care can be provided in your home, in an assisted living or personal care home, in a nursing home or in our inpatient Hospice Residence located at Taylor Hospital.
Accommodations for Family Members and Caregivers
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things that someone will face. Knowing this, the Crozer-Keystone Hospice Residence at Taylor Hospital was constructed with the family and/or caregiver’s needs in mind as well as the patient’s. Each room has extra space to accommodate a family member who would like to stay overnight, and the unit also offers guest showers and laundering facilities. Shopping in Ridley Park’s quaint stores are mere steps away, as is the hospital’s 100th Anniversary Garden—constructed in 2010 in honor of Taylor’s centennial.