Bariatric Patients: The Staff
Our multidisciplinary team includes a nationally-renowned surgeon who is also our director, a board-certified surgeon experienced in all aspects of weight-loss surgery, a physician assistant, a case management nurse, a program coordinator, and registered dietitian.
Our Surgeons and Staff
Aley Tohamy, M.D. - Surgeon and Medical Director
Sergey Zhitnikov, M.D. - Surgeon
Michael B. Goldberg, M.D. - Surgeon
Harry Guarino, PA-C - Physician Assistant
Kaitlin Masciantonio, M.A., R.D., L.D.N. - Bariatric Dietitian
Cheryl Stabulis, R.N. – Bariatric Nurse Navigator
Franky DiBonaventura, B.S.H.A./H.M. - Practice Manager
How the Program Works
- To get started, attend our FREE educational seminar – there’s no obligation, but it’s required as the first step in joining our program.
- If you decide to pursue surgery, we’ll provide you with all the information, prescriptions and requests for specialty clearances so you can proceed with your pre-operative workup.
- Our Team will help track and monitor your progress, including obtaining authorization from your insurance company and scheduling your surgery.
- After surgery, your surgeon and case management nurse will follow up with you at one week, one month, three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter.
- Your dietitian will follow up with you at two weeks, 6 weeks, and 4 months. Further follow-up is strongly suggested to stay on track.
- Monthly support group attendance will help keep you motivated and allow you to share your success with others.