Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Gynecology
Approach to Patient CareTo be empathetic and compassionate, while creating a safe environment for pediatric and adolescent patients seeking comprehensive gynecologic care. Empowering patients through shared decision making and facilitating self-care for optimal health.
Medical Director of Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Norton Children's Hospital
Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Other Training and Certifications
- Fellowship trained and has been recognized by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) with a Focused Practice Designation in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
- MPH Degree - University of Louisville School of Public Health and Information Sciences (2015-2017)
- North American Society for Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Osteopathic Association
Honors and Awards
- Main Line Today Healthcare Hero (2019)
- Philadelphia Business Journal Forty Under 40 (2019)
- Pennsylvania Medical Society’s Top Physicians Under 40 (2018)
- Beta Phi Chapter of Delta Omega (2017)
- Service Award University of Louisville School of Public Health and Information Sciences (2017)
- Baby-Friendly Resident Award (2013)
- Sigma Sigma Phi (2011)
- Ruth and Irving Kornberg Internal Medicine Scholarship (2010)
- Graduated Cum Laude from Muhlenberg College (2004)
- Phi Sigma Alpha (2003)
- Use of Norethindrone Acetate for Management of Bleeding Associated with the Etonorgestrel Contraceptive Implant (Oral Presentation at North American Society for Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology Annual Clinical Meeting, April 2017)
- Integration of Yoga Therapy into Traditional Residential Treatment for At Risk Adolescent Females: A Community-Based Approach (Poster Presentation at North American Society for Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology Annual Clinical Meeting, April 2017)
Wehbe-Janek H., Markova T, Polis RL, Peters M, Liu Y. Preparing Academic Medical Centers for the Clinical Learning Environment Review: Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers National Initiative IV Outcomes and Evaluation. Ochsner J Summer 2016;16(2):166-71.
Polis RL, Gussman D, Hong-Kuo Y. Yoga in Pregnancy: An Examination of Maternal and Fetal Responses to 26 Yoga Postures. Obstet Gynecol December 2015;126(6):1237-41.
Polis R, Santolaya-Forgas J, Tong C, Onieal G, Canterino J, Matta P, Oyelese Y. Personalized Medicine in a Patient With the Antenatal Diagnosis of an Umbilical Cord Knot and a Previous Adverse Outcome for This Reason. JUM April 2014; 33:735-736.
Lucas R, Gussman D, Polis R, Rattigan R, Matulewicz T. Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis with erythema nodosum simulating breast abscess in pregnancy: A case report. Obstet Med March 2014; 7(1):37-39.
Peters N, Domcheck S, Rose A, Polis R, Stopfer J, Armstrong K. Knowledge, attitudes, and utilization of BRCA1/2 testing among women with early-onset breast cancer. Genetic Testing April 2005; 9(1):48-53.
Polis RL, Fallat ME, Wiesenauer C. Chapter 95: Neonatal Ovarian Masses; In: Newborn Surgery, Fourth Edition, Prem Puri; 1029-1037; CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida;2017.
Polis RL, Hertweck SP. Treatment Options for the Adolescent Patient Experiencing Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. Current Treatment Options in Pediatrics September 2016; 2(3):184-195.
Polis has admitting privileges at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Taylor Hospital.