Chester Youth Collaborative
Mission and Vision
The Chester Youth Collaborative: “Planting Seeds, Growing Futures”
Mission: To foster a neighborhood-based youth development network that improves the quality of life and increases the opportunities for young people between the ages of 12 to 22 in the city of Chester.
Vision: Dedicated to a strong Chester community in which all youth reach their full potential and transition successfully to adulthood.
The Chester Youth Collaborative (CYC) was launched in 2005 through a 3-year grant from the William Penn Foundation. It is supported by training and technical assistance provided by the United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania's Center for Youth Development and Philadelphia Youth Network. The Chester Youth Collaborative works with community leaders, organizations, residents and the youth of Chester to develop specialized programs that meet the needs of youth. The Collaborative’s efforts are primarily aimed at enhancing the quality, quantity and duration of “out-of-school” youth programs within the city by working with youth and organizations that serve youth.
The Chester Youth Collaborative is comprised of five groups dedicated to implementing a city-wide youth development system. The groups are:
- Youth Council : a panel of youth, between the ages of 12-22, who collectively represent “youth voice” within the Chester Youth Collaborative
- Community Council : open to all Chester residents who are interested in creating opportunities for youth in the city of Chester
- Advisory Group : made up of representatives from anchor institutions that have the ability to affect policy and leverage resources for the youth in Chester
- Youth Serving Organizations Group : open to all agencies that serve youth between the ages of 12 to 22 in the city of Chester. Membership includes CYC grant funded and unfunded organizations
- Steering Committee : members from the four collaborative groups who collectively guide the work of the Chester Youth Collaborative ensuring that all activities are in line with the overall vision, mission and objectives of the project
For more information on the Chester Youth Collaborative, funding opportunities, and membership, contact Janet S. Riley Ford, Program Director at Janet.Ford@crozer.org. For more information on the Chester Youth Collaborative Youth Council contact Ieasa Nichols, Youth Council Coordinator at Ieasa.Nichols@crozer.org.
The Wellness Center
2600 W. Ninth Street
Chester, PA 19013
Telephone: (610) 497-7422
Fax: (610) 497-7438
For information regarding youth activities, events, current member organizations, and more please visit our website at http://cyc.crozer.org.
Crozer Keystone Health System’s Wellness Center is the facilitating organization for the Chester Youth Collaborative. The Wellness Center is responsible for administration of the grant. For more information regarding the Wellness Center’s Youth Development Programs contact Kate Blackburn, Director, at Kate.Blackburn@crozer.org or call the Wellness Center at (610) 497-7422. Interested parties can visit our Wellness Programs.