The Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center is required by law to inform you of your rights and responsibilities as a patient, as well as to disclose certain policies of the facility. The distribution of this information, along with the completion of your online medical history form is required no later than 24 hours prior to your procedure.
Your physician’s office will give you instructions to access One Medical Passport, our online health history collection system. This secure, HIPAA-compliant website allows you the convenience of providing necessary health information prior to your surgery from your own personal computer. If you have not received instructions, contact the Surgery Center at (484) 846-5104.
If you do not have access to a computer, visit the Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center to complete your medical history or call our Intake Specialist at (484) 846-5104 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to complete it over the phone.
The day before your scheduled procedure, our business office will call to notify you of your financial responsibility due on the day of service. Like all outpatient facilities and hospitals, we collect the co-pays required by your insurance company. When your procedure is scheduled, we will contact your insurance company to verify your benefits and obtain the co-pay information.
Please note that if your insurance company requires you to pay a deductible before coverage begins, you will be responsible to pay up to that amount toward the cost of your surgery on the day of your procedure. The Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center accepts cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Although you may have received an arrival time from your physician’s office, this time is strictly tentative and subject to change. The Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center at Brinton Lake will issue your final arrival time. Please plan to call the Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center the day before your procedure at (484) 846-5104 between 2 and 4 p.m. for confirmation of your final arrival time. If there is a circumstance that requires your procedure to be scheduled for a specific time, please notify your physician’s office so they can request that on their surgical booking sheet.
- Ensure that you have completed your One Medical Passport at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled surgery day. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure. This includes hard candy, gum, etc.
- If you routinely take blood pressure medication, diabetic medications or any other critical medications, you must talk to one of our nurses prior to surgery for further instructions based on the procedure being performed.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. For procedures dealing with your upper extremities, please wear a button-down top for ease of dressing after your procedure. For procedures dealing with your lower extremities, wear shorts or sweatpants.
- Please DO NOT wear any jewelry including wedding rings or body piercings.
- Please DO NOT wear makeup or contact lenses.
- You MUST have a responsible person to drive you home after your procedure if you are having any anesthesia other than local. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your procedure.
- Please remember to call the Intake Specialist the day before your procedure between the hours of 2 and 4 p.m. for your final arrival time.
If you have ever been diagnosed with MRSA (Methycillin Resistant Staph Aureus), you will need to be retested within 30 days prior to having your procedure at the Crozer-Keystone Surgery Center. This nasal swab is easily performed at your primary care physician’s office. Please arrange to have this test performed and forward the results to the Surgery Center via fax at (484) 846-5101.