How to Prepare for Your Sleep Study
To prepare for your sleep study and help us obtain the best possible results, please follow these directions:
- Fill out and bring the Patient Demographics Form the night of your sleep study.
- Refrain from caffeine the day of the study (coffee, tea, chocolate, soda).
- Take all regular medications unless otherwise instructed.
- Bring any medications you will need during the night. (Note: the technologist on staff is not authorized to administer medication)
- Wear either a two piece pajama set, a sweat suit, or shorts and t-shirt for the night of the study.
- Please bring copies of all insurance cards and referrals.
Additional Information about Sensor Placement
*Note: You will have sensors placed on your scalp and other areas of your body
The day of your study, we ask that you do not use body lotion, oils, hair spray or styling gels Your hair and skin must be clean for the sensors to make proper contact. It is advisable to wash your hair and shower before your study.
A sensor will be placed on your finger so at least one fingernail (not thumb) must be free of polish and/or acrylic nails on each hand.
We urge you to follow the above instructions to insure proper electrode application and study acquisition.