Extreme Makeover: Crozer Edition
Have you seen the improvements underway at Crozer-Chester Medical Center? Our Extreme Makeover project aims to renovate patient rooms, pathways and waiting areas to create an updated, pleasing and comfortable appearance that our patients, families, friends and neighbors need and deserve during a hospital stay. And the project is in full swing (Editor’s note: As I write this article, there is drilling going on next to me!)
As of February, 2014, the following progress has been made:
- Parking Garage 1 has been demolished and this area will be landscaped.
- Upgrades to the 1 South main corridor.
- Maternity waiting area updated with new finishes, furniture, outlets and more.
- Upgrades to the Cardiology waiting area on 2 North.
- Upgrades to the Elevator lobby near the main lobby.
- Emergency Department waiting area furniture was re-upholstered.
- Upgrades to the Professional Office lobby and areas around it.
- Demolition of the old Crozer pub and Serendipity building.
- Installation of 40 new bulletin boards throughout the medical center.
In the upcoming weeks and months, you can expect the following progress:
- Patient room makeovers will start on 2 North.
- North wing corridor on the ground floor will be completed with new signage, flooring, and finishes.
- Crisis Center update with new finishes, furniture and more.
This exciting project will continue for approximately two years and we look forward to keeping you updated on our progress.