Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course
Developed by the American College of Surgeons and its Committee on Trauma, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) provides participants with a safe, reliable set of protocols to effectively assess and manage trauma patients. ATLS training provides comprehensive, easily adaptable, standard techniques for the immediate management and care of trauma patients. The two-day course includes prerequisite training materials, informative lectures and interactive surgical skills labs.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capacity
- Arrange appropriately for the patient’s inter-hospital transfer (who, what, when and how)
- Assure that optimum care is provided and that the level of care does not deteriorate at any point during the evaluation, resuscitation or transfer process.
Length of Course
ATLS is a two-day course.
A half-day refresher course is also available
Cost of Course
- Physician: $750 ($400 - refresher)
- Physician Extender: $600 ($300 - refresher)
- Auditor: $500
- Airway Management
- Initial Assessment of a Trauma Patient
- Care of the patient with thoracic, abdominal, head, spinal cord and musculoskeletal trauma
Who Should Take This Course?
Any healthcare professional involved in the care of trauma patients is eligible to take this course.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Questions? 610-447-6085 or email email@example.com