Springfield Hospital Emergency Care
Springfield Hospital's Emergency Department fulfills a vital role in the community, provides care for more than 11,000 patients per year. The state-of-the art facility is equipped to treat 12,000 to 22,000 patients per year and features the following:
- Patient treatment areas – Include nine private rooms and two Fast Track bays, which are used to allow patients with less serious issues to get in and out of the ED quickly.
- Wireless bedside registration system, which allows patients to lie comfortably while essential information for their care and treatment is entered and processed.
- Electronic documentation system allows hospital staff access to a patient’s records wherever he or she is in the hospital, and also keeps track of previous visits.
- Separate entrances for ambulance and walk-in traffic ensures that those with the most urgent needs are identified immediately and treated as soon as possible.
- Separate registration and triage areas that offer complete privacy while sharing personal information.