Crozer-Keystone's Dialysis Access Center
The Dialysis Access Center team.
Crozer-Chester Medical Center offers comprehensive dialysis access services just minutes from dialysis centers in Delaware County and Chester County.
The Dialysis Access Center at Brinton Lake is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art dialysis access services in a convenient setting. A department of Crozer-Chester Medical Center, the Center features an experienced team that will work closely with patients to develop a plan of care surrounding their dialysis access while managing their access needs.
Our Location and Hours
We are located in Suite 210 of the Crozer Medical Plaza at Brinton Lake, 300 Evergreen Drive in Glen Mills. The Center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments are available on Saturdays at our Crozer-Chester Medical Center facility. Ample, free parking is available.
The Dialysis Access Center team offers a range of services for patients, including:
- Catheter placement/exchange: Placing a catheter or replacing one that a patient is having a problem with.
- Catheter removal: Removing a catheter when a patient has a usable permanent access.
- Thrombolysis/thrombectomy: Commonly called a “declot,” involves removing blood clots from a patient’s access to allow for a renewed blood flow and adequate dialysis treatment.
- Central venous access placement for temporary use: Placing a catheter within a vein in the patient’s neck or groin to enable dialysis while awaiting a new surgical access or maturation of a fistula.
- Duplex ultrasound: Performed to evaluate the condition and blood flow of a fistula or graft.
- Graft or fistula study: To determine the cause of any underlying problems, often times address with balloon dilatation and/or stenting.
- Venous or special mapping: Placing a small IV in a patient’s hand to inject IV contrast (dye) to determine where best to place a fistula or graft.
- Venous angioplasty: Introducing a balloon into the vessel and inflating it, thereby opening up a narrowed portion of the vein.
Why Choose Us?
Simply, our team understands dialysis patients and their needs. We are dedicated to improving your access care and quality of life. Our integrated approach enhances your access pathway, prevents unnecessary hospitalizations and avoids missed dialysis appointments. Here are some of the other benefits of our access center:
- We offer a comprehensive staff of experienced, friendly specialists who will guide patients from start to finish. Our team is led by board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians, including interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and nephrologists.
- Our hospital connection with Crozer-Chester Medical Center and the Crozer-Keystone Health System demonstrates our strong, lasting commitment to providing quality renal care to patients from Delaware and Chester counties.
- We are located minutes from dialysis centers in Delaware County and Chester County.
- All major insurances are accepted.
Chad Brecher, M.D., Director
“Our center aims to be at the forefront of providing care to patients on dialysis in our community. Our staff of experienced, friendly specialists provide a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach that will guide patients from start to finish. The team is led by board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians, including, interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and nephrologists,” says Chad Brecher, M.D., an interventional radiologist who serves as the medical director of the center.
“Patients also benefit from a connection to a hospital and health system that have demonstrated a strong, lasting commitment to providing top quality renal care to patients throughout Delaware and Chester counties.”
Dialysis Access Center
Crozer Medical Center at Britton Lake,
300 Evergreen Drive
Glen Mills, PA 19342
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 610-579-3515 or (toll free) 1-855-Y-ACCESS (1-855-922-2377)