Comprehensive Weight Loss Program
You’re more than just a patient
We know that struggling with weight loss is frustrating and confusing – and it can seem pretty lonely.
That’s why Crozer-Keystone emphasizes a comprehensive approach to bariatric surgery. In addition to the most advanced surgical procedures, our friendly and experienced staff provides individualized preoperative counseling and ongoing postoperative support.
And unlike like some weight loss programs, you’ll never feel like a customer. From your initial consultation to post-op support, we’ll answer all your questions, help you through the low points and celebrate your successes.
How the program works
Learn more about what to expect with bariatric surgery
- To get started, attend our FREE educational seminar – there’s no obligation, but it’s required as the first step in joining our program.
- If you decide to pursue surgery, we’ll provide you with all the information, prescriptions and requests for specialty clearances so you can proceed with your pre-operative workup.
- Our pre-certification nurse will track and monitor your progress, including obtaining authorization from your insurance company and scheduling your surgery.
- After surgery, your surgeon and case management nurse will follow up with you at one week, one month, three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter.
- Monthly support group attendance will help keep you motivated and allow you to share your success with other.
As a patient in Crozer-Keystone’s Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Program, you’ll meet regularly with the experts on our Nutrition Services team – both pre-op and post-op – to ensure a successful surgery, a rapid recovery and an enduring healthy lifestyle.
Before your surgery…
You’ll have monthly one-on-one sessions with one of our registered dietitians to:
- Identify areas where you would like to make changes;
- Help you prepare for the unique nutritional needs of your post-surgical digestive system;
- Review your special pre-operative diet; and
- Establish goals for a successful transition after surgery.
During your hospitalization….
A nutritionist is always available to answer questions or address any concerns about your diet.
After your surgery…
Your dietitians will help you create realistic, easy-to-follow meal plans and eating schedules based on your personal preferences.
They’ll also be on hand during support group meetings for ongoing counseling and encouragement.
Call for an Appointment
Crozer-Keystone's registered and licensed Dieticians provide weight loss counseling and support every step of the way. Register for an appointment today by calling 610-619-8455
Monthly support group
As every successful bariatric surgery patient will tell you, one of the most important keys to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is a good support network – and Crozer-Keystone’s Bariatric Surgery Support Group gets rave reviews.
- Monthly meetings for women and men who have undergone or are preparing to undergo weight loss surgery
- Recognize and change your emotional response to food
- Understanding and encouragement from bariatric patients just like you
Led by Bariatric Program coordinator Pat Foster, R.N. (a successful bariatric patient), along with Rachel Wooters, R.D., and Maureen Elliot, L.P.N.
View upcoming Bariatric Support Group meetings
Ready to get started on the road to healthy weight loss?
If you’re interested in Crozer-Keystone’s Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Program, take the next step and attend a free educational seminar – in person at a location near you.
For physician referrals or other medical inquiries, call (610) 619-8450.