The Workup Process
Hands-on help with appointments and approvals
One of the most overwhelming aspects of any major medical procedures is logistics – gathering the right documentation, getting insurance approval, scheduling appointments and more.
But don’t worry – we’ve streamlined the process to help you reach your surgery date with as little fuss and drama as possible. Our pre-certification nurse will track and monitor all the testing, paperwork and appointments you’ll need.
Step 1: Medical history
- List of co-morbidities
- Current health status and medications
- Identification of eating patterns and habits
Step 2: Supporting documentation
- Letter of medical necessity from your primary care physician
- Documentation of other weight loss attempts
Step 3: Medical testing
- Nutrition evaluation with monthly follow-up visits
- Diagnostic tests, including upper endoscopy, gall bladder ultrasound, upper GI swallow, chest X-ray; sleep study, mammogram or Pap smear as indicated by physician
- Blood work and vitamin levels
- Additional tests or consults as indicated
Step 4: Insurance approval
- If denied, an appeal will be filed on your behalf
Ready to get started on the road to healthy weight loss?
If you’re interested in Crozer-Keystone’s Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Program, take the next step and attend a free educational seminar – in person at a location near you.
For physician referrals or other medical inquiries, call (610) 619-8450.