- Gynecologic Oncology
Hospital Admission Privileges
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Springfield Hospital
- Taylor Hospital
- Magee Women's Hospital
- University of Minnesota
- University of Pennsylvania
Teaching or Professional Positions
Director, Office of Clinical Research, Crozer-Keystone
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Marketing and Communications Committee Member
- Powell Center for Women's Health, University of Minnesota-Faculty Member, 2005-Present
- EJOG: "An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology", Reviewer, 2006-Present.
- Gynecologic Oncology-Reviewer, 2007-Present.
Honors, Awards, etc.
"Top Doctors" in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Main Line Today (2011, 2012)
Area of Special Interest
- Robotic surgery for the diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers
- Improving surgical outcomes in the treatment of women's cancers
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Surgical outcomes for patients after robotic surgery
- Hormonal therapy for recurrent uterine cancer
Disease Condition Syndrome
Ovarian, uterine (endometrial), cervical, vulvar and vaginal cancer.
A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Dr. Chura graduated from Boston College with a BA in English, Summa cum Laude. He then went on to medical school at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed internship and residency at Magee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh, where he served as Chief Resident. After fellowship training in Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Chura joined Crozer-Keystone as the Associate Division Director of Gynecologic Oncology at Crozer-Chester Medical Center. Dr. Chura is also the Director of Crozer-Keystone's Office of Clinical Research.
Philosophy Of Care
"The treatment of a disease may be entirely impersonal; the care of a patient must be completely personal...for the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient." -Dr. William Peabody, 1927
Surgery and chemotherapy for gynecologic cancers