Crozer-Keystone Health System Among Only 20 Health Systems in the U.S. to Earn Prestigious ‘Most Wired-Advanced’ Rating
2014 “Most Wired-Advanced” Winner
For the 11th straight year, Crozer-Keystone Health System was named a “Most Wired” health system by Hospitals and Health Networks (HHN), the flagship publication of the American Hospital Association. This year, however, Crozer-Keystone also met the stringent criteria to be honored as a “Most Wired-Advanced” health system. Crozer-Keystone is one of only 20 health systems in the United States to earn that significant distinction.
A total of 680 health systems, representing 1,901 hospitals, completed HHN’s annual “Most Wired” survey this year. The annual survey measures the nation’s health systems on their use of information technologies for quality, customer service, public health and safety, business processes and workforce issues.
According to HHN, its “Most Wired-Advanced” distinction recognizes those health systems that are doing an exceptional job leveraging information technology to deliver patient care and conduct business in a changing industry landscape.
“We are very proud to once again be recognized as a ‘Most Wired’ health system, and we are particularly honored to be in a group of only twenty health systems nationwide to meet the additional ‘Advanced’ criteria. It is a significant achievement and a compliment to our multi-functional teams who continue to focus on our number one goal of providing information technology solutions in support of patient care and the overall mission of our health system, says Don Reed, Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Crozer-Keystone.
Crozer-Keystone’s more recent advances in information technology are:
- Computerized Provider Order Entry and Decision Support
- Discharge Management and Medication Reconciliation
- Advanced electronic medical records (EMR) now being used by more than 350 Crozer-Keystone Health Network and community physicians and 32 NCQA Level 3 Medical Home Practices
- Centralized Pharmacy Automation and Bedside Medication Administration
- Population Health Management and Disease Management Dashboards
- Patient Portals
- Health Information Exchange
- Enterprise Document Imaging and Electronic Health Information Management
Crozer-Keystone has been named “Most Wired” in 14 out of the 16 years HHN has offered the distinction.
For more information about the “Most Wired” distinctions, visit here.