Crozer-Keystone Health System Kicks Off Annual Holiday Food Drive
Partners with Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and Delaware County Food Banks
October 25, 2013 (Upland, PA) – Crozer-Keystone Health System announces that its annual food drive to help those less fortunate in our community starts Monday, Oct. 28 and will conclude on Monday, Nov. 25.
This year’s food drive has grown beyond the efforts of Crozer-Keystone employees and the local food banks to include the efforts of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and its membership. All food donations will remain local, benefiting the Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC), Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry in Prospect Park, and the Chester Food Shelters.
Crozer-Keystone is the largest employer in Delaware County with 6,800 caring employees, and a leader in community service. Please join us and donate to our food drive. Bins will be located in the following areas:
- The main lobbies of three of Crozer-Keystone’s hospitals (Community Hospital in Chester, Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Drexel Hill, and Springfield Hospital in Springfield)
- The lobby of the Professional Office Buildings at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland
- Outside of the Volunteer Office at Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park
- The Main Lobby of our Corporate Office in Springfield
- The Main Lobby of the Healthplex® Sports Club in Springfield
For security purposes, all lobbies will be under video surveillance.
Additional collection locations in the community:
- The Delaware County Chamber of Commerce will have a bin located in its main lobby during business hours Monday-Friday, at 1001 Baltimore Pike, Ste 9LL in Springfield.
- Other community businesses participating in this food drive with collections for the CAADC can be found at www.caadc.org.
Food should be packaged in cans, boxes, or plastic bottles/jars (no glass, please). Some examples include canned fruits/vegetables, macaroni and cheese, dessert mixes, canned yams, tuna fish or canned meats, cereals, peanut butter/jelly (in plastic jars), soups, and cranberry sauce. You may also donate a gift card to a local grocery store. Any donation, even one item, will go a long way to help our friends and neighbors who need us most.
Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce is to enhance your business, other businesses throughout the region and promote the economic well-being of the county. They focus on providing valuable benefits, strengthening the quality of life within the community, serving as a liaison between business & government, and preparing the future workforce. For more information, please visit www.delcochamber.org.
Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC)
They have been serving Delaware County’s economically disadvantaged residents since 1979. CAADC provides a variety of services and programs to support homeless and low-income families and individuals as they progress along the Continuum of Care towards self-sufficiency including: emergency shelter, housing assistance, employment and training initiatives, energy services and emergency food assistance. For more information, please visit www.caadc.org.
Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry, Prospect Park
They strive to meet the needs of their fellow citizens living under the weight of poverty by providing nutritious food and a spirit of caring and compassion. In addition, they work to eradicate not only their hunger, but the causes of their poverty. For more information, please visit www.delcoloavesandfishes.org.