Give the Healthplex® Sports
Club a Try: Free Events
to be Offered Throughout April
SPRINGFIELD – The Healthplex® Sports Club, 196 W. Sproul Rd. in Springfield, will offer a range of free events throughout April to give members of the community an opportunity to get active and see everything the club has to offer.
You do not have to be a member to participate in a range of activities, including basketball, ballroom dancing, group fitness (including Zumba® and BODYFLOW®), racquetball, squash, tennis and swimming. Events include:
- April 9: Open Basketball Court Night. 5 to 9 p.m. Round up your family and friends to enjoy some friendly competition on the club’s indoor courts. Music and light refreshments will be offered.
- April 10: Ballroom, Latin and Social Dancing. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Always wanted to learn to dance? Instructors Bob and Janet Martin will teach a half-hour lesson of social dancing, followed by open dancing.
- April 16: Zumba® Night. 6 to 6:30 p.m.; party workout, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., followed by post-party with light refreshments. Check out the newest craze in group fitness, a Latin dance aerobic class.
- April 16: Racquet Sports Night. 6 to 8 p.m. Whether your game is tennis, squash or racquetball (or all three), come out to practice your swing or get a quick lesson. Light refreshments will be offered. Reservations required: Call 610-328-8898.
- April 23: Les Mills® BODYFLOW Class. 6 p.m., followed by a post-party with light refreshments. BODYFLOW is a yoga, tai chi and Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength.
- April 23: Open Swim/Flick ’N Float. Open swim, 6 p.m.; Movie, 7 p.m. Bring the kids to enjoy open swimming and then a movie (“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”) in our indoor pool. Reservations required: Call 610-328-8882.
Plus, the club has a special membership offer in April: If you join the club by April 29, they’ll take half off of the initiation fee. Call (610) 328-8888 or stop by the club, 196 W. Sproul Rd. in Springfield, for more information.