DCMH/Crozer Designated as a
Blue Distinction Center for Knee
and Hip ReplacementSM
Springfield, Pa. – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Philadelphia has designated Crozer-Chester Medical Center, in Upland, and Delaware County Memorial Hospital, in Drexel Hill, as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement are part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association’s expansion of its Blue Distinction® designation. Both hospitals are members of the Crozer-Keystone Health System.
Crozer and DCMH offer comprehensive knee and hip replacement services, including custom knee replacement, computer-assisted surgery, and minimally invasive hip and knee surgery. Both sites are also certified in hip and knee replacement surgery by The Joint Commission.
“Blue Distinction puts a high value on research and evidence-based health and medical information,” said Allan Korn, M.D., Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Chief Medical Officer. “Blue Distinction Centers show our commitment to working with doctors and hospitals in communities across the country to identify leading institutions that meet clinically validated quality standards and deliver better overall outcomes in patient care.”
The selection criteria used to evaluate facilities were developed with input from a panel of expert physicians. To be designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, the following types of criteria were evaluated. More information on selection criteria is available on www.bcbs.com:
- Established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency care, and a full range of patient support services with full accreditation by a CMS-deemed national accreditation organization
- Experience and training of program surgeons, including case volume
- Quality management programs, including surgical checklists as well as tracking and evaluation of clinical outcomes and process of care
- Multidisciplinary clinical pathways and teams to coordinate and streamline care, including transitions of care
- Shared decision-making and preoperative patient education
Crozer-Keystone offers a comprehensive program of musculoskeletal services provided across the health system including orthopedic/joint care, sports medicine, hand care, outpatient rehabilitation, foot/ankle care, and spine care. Services include surgery, therapy, education, medical management and more. To learn more about Crozer-Keystone’s services, visit http://ckhshmi.crozerkeystone.org. For a prompt physician appointment, call 1-877-CK-MOTION (1-877-256-6846).