Women's Wellness October 2010
Health Tip: Get Started on Family Exercise
- Tailor a family exercise program to your children's ages. If you have a 4-year-old, play games a child that age likes to play.
- Make getting in shape a family commitment. Schedule time during the week to exercise together.
- If family members are of varying fitness levels, exercise at a level most comfortable for the slowest, least-fit person.
- Plan a family fitness vacation once a year.
- Join a family-oriented fitness club like the Healthplex® Sports Club.
Unless you and your children are evenly matched, fitness activities shouldn't involve adult-child competition. It's better to just exercise together.
Find additional information on Crozer-Keystone Health System's cardiac services by visiting http://ckheart.crozer.org.