Learn More about iDECIDE: A New Moms/New Parents Project
The mission of the iDECIDE campaign is to create awareness and to educate and empower young women aged 13-25 years throughout Delaware County and beyond so that they can make the right decisions about their health and well being. These important decisions — about what to eat, whether to exercise and whether to drink alcohol or do drugs — can also affect their ability to have a healthy, successful pregnancy down the road.
The campaign plans to infiltrate local Delaware County girl groups such as Girl Scout troops, athletic teams and schools; and conduct presentations for girls about staying healthy as a lifetime goal. The campaign will also promote local community resources where girls can gain information ranging from nutrition to pregnancy awareness to sexual and physical abuse help.
For more information on the iDECIDE campaign or the New Moms/New Parents Project, please call (610) 497-7311.
Tip of the Month:
Here are some guidelines for women to maintain a “heart healthy” diet:
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Choose whole grain, high-fiber foods
- Eat fish, especially oily fish, at least twice a week
- Limit your intake of saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol
- Minimize your intake of foods and beverages with added sugars
- Choose and prepare foods with little or no salt
- Drink alcohol in moderation