Focus on Benefits and Wellness during the Annual Open Enrollment
- Employees of Crozer-Keystone Health System (CKHS) have an opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of a healthy lifestyle as they travel on the “Road to Wellness,” the newest component of the CKHS Wellness Works program.
- The 2014 employee benefits open enrollment period allows eligible employees to understand their Choices benefit options, make changes to their benefits elections or eligible dependents without experiencing an IRS-qualifying change, and enroll in a Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for 2014.
- The 2014 open enrollment period is expected to be from Nov. 6-20.
- In early November, Employee Benefit Services will mail an open enrollment kit to eligible employees’ homes. The online benefit resource, www.crozerbenefits.org, also makes it easy for employees to make any necessary benefit changes during open enrollment.
- Benefit fairs scheduled at each hospital during the week of Nov. 11-15. (See full article for dates and locations.)
- For more information about open enrollment or the 2014 “Road to Wellness” initiative, call the Employee Benefit Services Benefit Answer Line at 19-6380 or (610) 595-6380. To contact a Wellness Works Nurse Navigator, call Dee Pascale, RN at 12-4756 or 610-374-4756 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach Cathy Petrucci, RN, call 15-7960 (610-490-7960) or contact Cathy via e-mail at email@example.com.
Employees of Crozer-Keystone Health System (CKHS) have an opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of a healthy lifestyle as they travel on the “Road to Wellness,” the newest component of the CKHS Wellness Works program. The upcoming 2014 employee benefits open enrollment opportunity is the perfect time for employees to understand their Choices benefit options and the new wellness resources enhancing the Road to Wellness journey.
Open enrollment is the only time that eligible employees can make changes to their benefits elections or eligible dependents without experiencing an IRS-qualifying change, such as marriage, the birth of a child, etc. Open enrollment is also their only opportunity to elect to enroll in a Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for 2014 – these unique benefit elections do not automatically roll forward from one year to the next and must be elected each year.
The 2014 open enrollment period is expected to be from Nov. 6-20. By
Cathy Petrucci, R.N.
now, eligible employees have received information in their home mailboxes that outlines the steps they need to take to earn their Road to Wellness medical premium incentive in 2014. In early November, Employee Benefit Services will mail an open enrollment kit to eligible employees’ homes. It will highlight 2014 costs and changes, provide information about Road to Wellness opportunities and include a personalized summary of 2013 benefit elections, as well as plenty of information on how to find additional benefit and wellness information on the Employee Benefits web site.
“The online benefit resource — www.crozerbenefits.org — makes it easy for employees to ‘focus on wellness’ and make any necessary benefit changes during open enrollment. They may review their options for all of our benefit offerings and create a plan that best meets their individual needs. Employees have access to their information 24 hours a day from any computer with Internet access,” says William Kreider, CKHS vice president of Human Resources. “Employees can easily navigate the pages of the employee benefits web site to learn what’s new for 2014, evaluate plan options, find in-network providers, access personal support resources such as Carebridge, and much more. They can also complete or update their online Health Assessment Questionnaire (HAQ) or take advantage of the wellness calculators, logs and health lessons included in the HAQ.”
Benefit-eligible employees can sign on from home, work or a local library, knowing that their personal information is protected in this secure website.
Dee Pascale, R.N.
Employees who don’t have easy access to a computer will have access at specific times during open enrollment at each hospital location or at a CKHS benefit fair.
Members of the Employee Benefits team, Wellness Works Nurse Navigators Dee Pascale, R.N., and Cathy Petrucci, M.S.N., R.N., and representatives from the companies that provide the benefits to the health system (AmeriHealth, Davis Vision, Delta Dental, and life and long-term disability insurance carriers) will also be available to answer questions at the benefit fairs, which will be held on these dates:
- Monday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Delaware County Community Hospital, Conference Rooms A and C
- Tuesday, Nov. 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Springfield Hospital, Lower Level Conference Room
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m: Taylor Hospital, Conference Rooms A, B and C
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Crozer, James E. Clark Auditorium Lobby
- Friday, Nov. 15, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Community Hospital, Southeast Conference Room
Employees are also encouraged to focus on other valuable benefits during open enrollment by exploring the tax-saving benefit programs offered, including Medical, Dependent Care or Transit Flexible Spending Accounts. Open enrollment is also the perfect time to focus on one’s life and disability insurance coverage needs.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
For more information about open enrollment or the 2014 “Road to Wellness” initiative, call the Employee Benefit Services Benefit Answer Line at 19-6380 (610-595-6380), or refer to the “My Wellness” page of www.crozerbenefits.org.
To contact a Wellness Works Nurse Navigator, CKHS employees and families may call Dee Pascale, R.N. at 12-4756 (610-374-4756) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach Cathy Petrucci, M.S.N., R.N., call 15-7960 (610-490-7960) or email her at email@example.com.