Learn About Healthy Living with Diabetes on November 2nd
The Crozer-Keystone Health System (CKHS) Center for Diabetes is proud to recognize American Diabetes Month with a free, comprehensive, community education event. “Healthy Living with Diabetes” will be held from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Springfield Hospital. The event will feature a health fair that will include free screenings and information about diabetes risk factors provided by Crozer-Keystone departments and national vendors.
Lectures and screenings include:
- 8-10 a.m., Free Glucose and Cholesterol Screenings: Patients are required to begin fasting at midnight in order to have the screening done at the health fair. Free screening vouchers will be given after 10 a.m. to those who forgot to fast.
- 9 a.m., “Diabetes and the GI Tract — Is it out of rhythm?” featuring Ingram Roberts, CKHS gastroenterologist
- 10 a.m., “Diabetes and Low Testosterone — What is the connection?” featuring Lawrence Wallach, M.D., medical director for the Center for Diabetes and CKHS Endocrinologist
- 11:30 a.m., bring your workout clothes: Instructor Alexander Young will be giving a “Cardio Kick” demonstration in the Healthplex Sports Club®.
Healthy Living with Diabetes is for:
- Those who have pre-diabetes or diabetes
- Those who have a love done with pre-diabetes or diabetes
- Those who just want to learn more about the disease
Free flu shots also will be available. To register for the event call 1-800-CK-HEALTH (1-800-254-3258).