Crozer-Keystone Marks Lung Cancer Awareness Month With a Range of Events Throughout November
Crozer-Keystone Health System has planned a range of free activities in November, which is Lung Cancer Awareness Month, to raise awareness and provide education about lung cancer and how it can be prevented and treated.
· Nov. 1, Informational tables: Informational tables about lung cancer and cancer prevention will be available in public areas at CKHS hospitals from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Nov. 2, Educational Program: Educational program and free spirometry screenings in the Conference Center at Delaware County Memorial Hospital, 501 N. Lansdowne Ave., Drexel Hill. Speakers: Thomas Prestel, M.D., chief of Pulmonology at Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCMH), and Rajesh P. Thirumaran, M.D., DCMH medical oncologist. Registration and screenings at 5:30 p.m.; program at 6 p.m.
· Nov. 7, Lunch and Learn Educational Program: Lecture and free spirometry screenings in Classrooms A and B at Taylor Hospital, 175 E. Chester Pike, Ridley Park, noon to 1 p.m. Speaker: Daniel DuPont, D.O., chief of Pulmonary Medicine at Taylor Hospital. Lunch will be served.
· Nov. 8, Lunch and Learn Educational Program: Lecture and free spirometry screenings in Northeast Conference Room #2 at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, One Medical Center Boulevard, Upland, noon to 1 p.m. Speaker: Asad Khan, M.D., Crozer pulmonologist. Lunch will be served.
· Nov. 9, Lunch and Learn Educational Program: Lecture and free spirometer screenings in Meeting Rooms A and C at DCMH, noon to 1 p.m.. Speaker: Rajesh P. Thirumaran, M.D. Lunch will be served.
· Nov. 10, Lunch and Learn Educational Program: Free spirometry screenings and lecture in the First Floor Conference Room at Springfield Hospital, 190 W. Sproul Rd., Springfield. Speaker: Daniel DuPont, D.O. Lunch will be served.
* Nov. 16, Educational Program: Educational program and free spirometry screenings in the Community Room at the Crozer Medical Plaza at Brinton Lake, 300 Evergreen Drive, Glen Mills. Speakers: John Sprandio, M.D., medical director of the Delaware County Regional Cancer Center; John Lamond, M.D., radiation oncologist at Crozer; Leonard Berkowitz, M.D., chief of Pulmonary Medicine at Crozer; Walter Scott, M.D., chief of Thoracic Surgery at Fox Chase Cancer Center; Stacy Su, M.D., Fox Chase Cancer Center thoracic surgeon. Registration, screenings and a light dinner at 5:30 p.m.; program at 6 p.m.
All programs are open to Crozer-Keystone employees as well as the community. Pre-registration is necessary.
For more information or to register for these events, contact Healthline Services at (610) 284-8158.