Offers Services for Hearing and Speech
- In recognition of Better Hearing and Speech Month (May), Crozer-Keystone Health System would like to remind its community members of the services offered for both adults and children who suffer from hearing and speech disorders.
- Some services include: audiology, pediatric speech therapy, speech therapy/speech pathology, dysphagia therapy, and the Crozer-Keystone Center for Dizziness and Balance.
- The hospitals of Crozer-Keystone will offer free hearing screenings in the month of May.
recognition of Better Hearing and Speech Month (May), Crozer-Keystone Health
System would like to remind its community members of the services offered for
both adults and children who suffer from hearing and speech disorders, as well
as any dysfunction of the ear that can lead to balance problems.
the services offered include:
- Audiology: Crozer-Keystone’s Audiology team
evaluates and diagnoses patients of all ages with hearing and/or inner ear
balance problems. Audiologists are also available to assist with hearing aid
selection and fittings at some of our sites.
- Pediatric Speech Therapy: Speech Therapy professionals
provide evaluation and treatment of children and young adults from ages 0 to 18
years. Treatments are individualized to assist patients and their families in
addressing physical, cognitive and developmental challenges.
- Speech Therapy/Speech Pathology: Crozer-Keystone’s Speech and
Language Pathology program provides evaluation and treatment of disorders of
speech, language, voice, fluency and cognition. The goal is to attain an
individual’s highest level of communication function in his or her home, work
and social environment. Services are offered to all age groups.
- Dysphagia Therapy: This specialty program is designed
to enable patients of all ages who may be experiencing difficulty eating or
drinking, to improve their swallowing, and maximize their ability to safely eat
and drink. Our highly trained therapists use various evaluative techniques,
including video fluoroscopy, to diagnose swallowing disorders. Based on the
results of testing, the therapists develop individualized treatment plans for
the patients’ oral, pharyngeal and esophageal dysphagia disorders.
- Crozer-Keystone Center for
Dizziness and Balance: Balance and dizziness conditions can have several causes, including
vestibular (balance system) problems, inner-ear infections, neurologic disease
and cardiac disease. All of these problems are treated at the Crozer-Keystone
Center for Dizziness and Balance. When visiting the center for the first time,
you will receive a comprehensive evaluation. Through this evaluation and
perhaps additional testing, the team will diagnose your problem and develop an
appropriate treatment plan tailored to your needs.
hospitals of Crozer-Keystone will offer free hearing screenings in the month of
May. Hearing screenings are for adults over the age of 18 who are not currently
under the care of a physician for existing hearing problems and who do not wear
a hearing aid. Registration is required, and space is limited. Events are
scheduled as follows:
- May 5, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Crozer-Chester Medical
Center, Audiology Dept. (Ground Floor);
11, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Audiology Dept. (Ground
18, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Taylor Hospital, Audiology Dept. (Fourth Floor);
24, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Springfield Hospital, Audiology Dept. (Ground Floor).
information or to register for the free screenings, call 1-800-CK-HEALTH
(1-800-254-3258). Call (610) 284-8158 to register for DCMH’s screening.
information about the services that Crozer-Keystone offers to those suffering
from hearing and speech disorders call 1-800-CK-HEALTH (1-800-254-3258) or