Crozer-Keystone Marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month with Range of Events
Crozer-Keystone Health System has planned a range of activities to raise awareness and provide education about the breast cancer and how it can be prevented and treated.
Throughout the month: Pink lights will illuminate Crozer-Keystone hospitals throughout the month.
Throughout the month: Staff members will be available at public areas in the hospitals during lunch to register Crozer-Keystone employees for lunchtime mammograms. Raffles and “memory boards” will also be available at each site.
- Oct. 1: Think Pink Day: All Crozer-Keystone employees are encouraged to wear pink. Free soft pretzels and breast cancer literature will be handed out in the cafeterias at each hospital between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., and mammogram appointments will be taken.
- Oct. 4: Lunch and Learn program, “Breast Health/Genetics,” in Meeting Room A at Delaware County Memorial Hospital, noon to 1 p.m. Speakers: Virginia Speare, Ph.D., geneticist; and Thomas Matulewski, M.D., medical director of the Center for Breast Health at DCMH.
- Oct. 6: Lunch and Learn program, “Breast Health/Genetics,” in the Terrace Room at the Crozer Regional Cancer Center at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, noon to 1 p.m. Speakers: Virginia Speare, Ph.D.; and Mary Lou Patton, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., F.S.S.O., F.C.C.M., breast surgeon physician liaison for the American College of Surgeons for Crozer. Lunch will be served.
- Oct. 6: Dining at Dusk program, “Breast Health,” in the Cafeteria at DCMH, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Speaker: Thomas Matulewski, M.D. Meal costs $6.00 and includes entrée, roll, and choice of two sides, dessert and a fountain drink.
- Oct. 13: Lunch and Learn program and free community lecture, “Breast Health,” on the basketball court at the HealthplexÒ Sports Club, 11:30 to 1 p.m. Speakers: Thomas Matulewski, M.D., and Mary Lou Patton, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., F.S.S.O., F.C.C.M. Lunch will be served. A round-robin tennis tournament to raise money for breast cancer research will be held from 9-11 a.m.; for details, call 610-328-8888.
- Oct. 16: Crozer-Keystone will partner with the Marple-Newtown Soccer Association for a “Pink in the Park” event that will feature pink soccer balls, mammogram sign-ups, fund-raising games, raffles, and more. The event will be held at the Russell Elementary School Fields, 2201 Sproul Rd. in Broomall.
- Oct. 16: Combat Cancer. The HealthplexÒ Sports Club will host a group fitness event to raise money for breast cancer research. See demonstrations of two exciting fitness classes: BODYCOMBBAT at 6 p.m., and BODYFLOW at 7 p.m. For details, call 610-328-8888.
- Oct. 19: Lunch and Learn program, “Breast Health/Genetics,” in Taylor Hospital’s Conference Rooms A and B, noon to 1 p.m. Speaker: Virginia Speare, Ph.D.
- Oct. 27: Dining at Dusk program, “What You Should Know to Protect Your Health and Prevent Breast Disease,” in the Cafeteria at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, 5 to 7 p.m. Speaker: Mary Lou Patton, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., F.S.S.O., F.C.C.M. Meal costs $6.00 and includes entrée, roll, and choice of two sides, dessert and a fountain drink.
In addition, Crozer-Keystone representatives will give presentations about breast health to members of the community at locations throughout Delaware County, including United Methodist Church in Ardmore and the Llanerch Country Club in Havertown.
Pre-registration is necessary for all programs. For more information or to register for “Lunch and Learn’ events, contact Healthline Services at (610) 284-8158 (12-8158). For more information or to register for “Dining at Dusk” events, contact 1-800-CK-HEALTH (1-800-254-3258).