Wellness Works Hosts Diabetes ‘Lunch and Learn’ Events in November
To promote diabetes awareness during National Diabetes Awareness Month, Mary Jane McDevitt, R.N., B.S.N., CDE, program coordinator for the Crozer-Keystone Center for Diabetes, will discuss “Do you Have Pre-Diabetes?” at a series of “Lunch and Learn” events.
Topics discussed at the events will include:
- Nutrition and diabetes prevention
- Exercise and its relationship with diabetes
- Obesity and its relationship to insulin resistance
- Understanding diabetes terminology.
All of the “Lunch and Learn” programs start at noon. Dates and locations for the events are as follows:
- Community: Thursday, Nov. 4 in the Southeast Conference Room
- Crozer - choose from two sessions:
- Tuesday, Nov. 2 in the 1st Northeast #2 Conference Room
- Monday, Nov. 29 in the 1st Northeast #2 Conference Room
- DCMH: Friday, Nov. 5 in Meeting Room A
- Springfield: Wednesday, Nov. 10 in the First Floor Conference Room
- Taylor: Tuesday, Nov. 30 in Classrooms A/B
Bring your lunch and a friend! Registration is not required. Wellness Works members who attend earn 10 points on their 2010 Healthy Lifestyle Trackers.