Meet Vince Papale, Newest Member of the CKHS Orthopedic Team
- Former Philadelphia pro football player Vince Papale recently became the spokesperson for the Premier/Crozer-Keystone Orthopedics Partnership.
- Papale was born, raised and lived in Delaware County, and symbolizes the characteristics of the partnership — the value of teamwork, safety, passion and quality care.
- Through the partnership, Premier and CKHS offer access to a range of services, including orthopedic/joint care, sports medicine, hand care, outpatient rehabilitation, foot/ankle care, and spine care. Services include surgery, therapy, education, medical management and more.
- Prompt physician appointments are available through our scheduling line, 1-877-CK-MOTION (1-877-256-6846).
Vince Papale addresses a group of nearly 75 people during a Continuing Medical Education program, "Don't Shoulder the Burden: Evaluation and Treatment of the Shoulder Complex," sponsored by Crozer-Keystone Health System and Premier Orthopedics. The program took place on October 1, 2009.
Perhaps you know him as a local sports hero, a “walk-on” who tried out for his beloved professional football team — and made the roster. Maybe you grew up or live in his hometown of Glenolden, Pa. (or were lucky enough to be there when he was). Maybe he taught you or your children at Interboro High School in Norwood.
Say the name “Vince Papale” and most people know who you are talking about. Born and raised in Delaware County, Papale never gave up his dream of playing professional football. He worked hard and accepted nothing but success.
Crozer-Keystone recently announced the launch of the Premier/Crozer-Keystone Orthopedics Partnership, with Vince Papale as its spokesperson. Also a part of the community for more than 30 years, the physicians and clinicians of Premier Orthopedics and Crozer-Keystone Health System pride themselves on the personalized approach to care that they provide each patient.
“Through the Premier/Crozer-Keystone Orthopedics partnership, we have combined the largest and most prestigious orthopedic group in Delaware County with the most dominant healthcare system in the area,” says Jeffrey Malumed, M.D., co-chief of the Section of Orthopedic Surgery at Taylor Hospital and president of Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. “This relationship has strengthened both groups to provide high-quality, specialized orthopedic care for all our patients in Delaware County. Vince Papale, who was born and played football in Delaware County, has joined our team to inform our residents of all the services we can provide without having to travel into Philadelphia.”
“It is an honor to have Vince Papale representing the Premier/CKHS musculoskeletal product line partnership,” adds Kristen Creighton, assistant vice president of Operations at Taylor Hospital and Business Development director of the CKHS Human Motion Institute. “Vince understands the value of teamwork, safety, passion and quality care — which is what this partnership is all about.”
Consider some of the reasons why patients choose us for their orthopedic care:
- Prompt appointments: When you call our scheduling line, 1-877-CK-MOTION (1-877-256-6846), our goal is to get you an appointment with a physician within 48 hours.
- Access: Premier and Crozer-Keystone’s physicians follow a patient from the very beginning. Your first visit will be with the doctor. And if you need surgery, your orthopedic surgeon will see you during your hospital stay. All outpatient follow-up and subsequent appointments are overseen by the same doctor, providing continuity of care.
- Comprehensive services: Our program of musculoskeletal services, provided across the Crozer-Keystone Health System, include orthopedic/joint care, sports medicine, hand care, outpatient rehabilitation, foot/ankle care, and spine care. Services include surgery, therapy, education, medical management and more.
- Experience: For more than 30 years, the physicians of Premier Orthopedics and clinicians of Crozer-Keystone Health System have skillfully taken care of the orthopedic needs of Delaware County’s residents. It’s why people choose to come back to us for additional services and refer their friends and family members to us.
- Education: Our physicians routinely give educational presentations in the community on a variety of topics — including hip and knee problems; foot and ankle concerns; shoulder problems; elbow, wrist and hand injuries; back and neck pain; sports injuries and more.
For more information about the Premier/Crozer-Keystone Orthopedics Partnership, visit here. To make a prompt appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call 1-877-CK-MOTION (1-877-256-6846).