Crozer and DCMH Earn IBC Center of Distinction Status for Knee and Hip Replacement
Independence Blue Cross of Philadelphia has designated Crozer-Chester Medical Center and Delaware County Memorial Hospital as Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement.
IBC awards this distinction to hospitals that meet certain volume criteria, along with other standards of performance. To be designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, the following types of criteria were evaluated:
- Established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency care, and a full-range of patient support services with full accreditation by a CMS-deemed national accreditation organization
- Experience and training of program surgeons, including case volume
- Quality management programs, including surgical checklists as well as tracking and evaluation of clinical outcomes and process of care
- Multidisciplinary clinical pathways and teams to coordinate and streamline care, including transitions of care
- Shared decision-making and preoperative patient education
Crozer and DCMH offer comprehensive knee and hip replacement services, including custom knee replacement, computer-assisted surgery, and minimally invasive hip and knee surgery. Call 1-877-CK-MOTION (1-877-256-6846) for more information or a referral.