Curriculum & Call Schedule
During your first year you will work mainly at Crozer Chester Medical Center on various inpatient services including, cardiology, medicine, labor and delivery, and ICU. Throughout the year you will have anywhere from 1- 3 half days per week in the office seeing your own panel of patients.
During your second two years, you will transition from inpatient to outpatient medicine. You will spend at least 3-4 half days per week as a PGYII and 4-5 half days per week as a PGYIII seeing your own panel of patients in the office. The remainder of your time will be spent rotating through different specialty offices such as orthopedics, endocrinology, and cardiology. You will take call at Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCMH). You will also be responsible for our own Center For Family Health inpatient service at DCMH for two months during PGYII and one month during PGYIII.
Throughout your residency you also will participate in different longitudinal learning experiences.
If you are very interested in women’s health/OBGYN, inpatient medicine, or the medically underserved community we also offer specialty “tracks.”
Family Medicine Center:
PGY-I (1-3 ½ days/week)
PGY-II (3 to 4 half days/week)
PGY-III (4 to 5 half days/week)
Practice Management Curriculum:
PGY-II & III (6 hours per month)
Behavioral Science Didactics:
PGY-I, II & III (4-5 hours per month)
Resident Scholarly Project:
PGY-I, II & III
Community Service Project:
PGY-II & III
PGY-II & III (Follow 2 to 3 Nursing Home patients with monthly visits)
PGY-II & III (Follow 2 to 3 home patients)
PGY-II & III (Follow at least 5 prenatal patients to delivery)
Residents who chose this option will complete their intern year OB training at Temple University to achieve a higher volume of deliveries. These residents are required to obtain a minimum of 100 vaginal deliveries as well as 10 continuity deliveries.
Global Health Track
Residents who chose this option will spend about 75% of their clinic time in our Upper Darby office, which is a Federally Qualified Health Center. The remaining 25% of their clinic time is spent at our Springfield office.
Sports Medicine Track
Residents who chose this option will attend our sports medicine clinic monthly, work closely with the sports medicine fellows as well as cover local sporting events including the Philadelphia Rock and Roll marathon, “Back on your feet” and the Keystone state games. We also hold a weekly sports medicine lecture series that is attended by the entire sports medicine department, including fellows and athletic trainers. These lectures include workshops on joint injections and valuable diagnostic imaging modalities such as ultrasound.
Short call every 4-5 nights on Internal Medicine. There are some weekend calls on Peds, OB/GYN and Surgery. No call on GYN, Inpatient Family Medicine, Community Medicine and ER. Peds has 2 weeks of night float and ICU has 1 week of night float.
Every 7-14 days for the Center for Family Health, taken from home after evening/weekend hours.
Electives in PGY-III
Two (2) Half-Time Electives: Half-time on elective that you choose, half-time in the Center seeing patients, attend all lectures, and participate in evening office hours/call schedule.
Two (2) Away Electives: Full-time on elective that you choose, no office hours, call or lecture responsibilities.