Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about Our Program
Thank you for your interest in the pediatric residency program at Crozer-Chester Medical Center. Listed below are answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions about our program:
- We offer 6 positions in our PL-1 class.
- Each application is personally reviewed. Individuals are selected for interviews based on their medical school performance, USMLE/COMLEX board scores, CV and letters of recommendation.
- No candidate is excluded based on country of origin, race, or gender.
- Our application deadline is December 31st and all applications MUST be submitted through ERAS.
- The following documents are required for application: Completed ERAS application, CV, personal statement, medical school transcript, medical school Dean’s letter, three letters of reference, official USMLE Step 1 and Step2 CK and Step 2 CS or COMLEX 1 & 2 score reports. If you are invited for an interview, a photo is required before the interview date.
- Our institution does sponsor J1 or H-1B visas, however, they are becoming quite difficult to obtain. All graduates of Medical Schools outside of the United States are required to have a valid ECFMG certificate & U.S. clinical experience is strongly preferred.
Due to the high number of medical students and residents that rotate within our department, we do not offer externships/observerships.
Successful completion of USMLE Step 1, 2CK & CS or COMLEX 1 & 2 are required before you can be included in our submitted Rank Order List for Match.