NDNQI Nursing Practice Survey: Complete It Today!
Every nursing unit across CKHS continues to identify opportunities to enhance their department and the patient care given. In order to measure our successes, we are participating in the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) RN Practice Survey.
The survey officially began on May 2 and will close on May 22. Every eligible RN has received a letter with instructions. Your opinion is important to us, so let us hear your voice through this anonymous survey. (Due to the small number of nurses, nurses in the Community Division will not be surveyed per NDNQI regulations).
Plus, it pays to participate. All units that reach 97 percent participation will receive a free meal for each shift. Units that reach 90 percent will receive a delivery of a free snack.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about the survey:
What is the purpose of the survey?
- To evaluate our nursing practice environment at the unit, hospital and system level.
- To compare our hospitals with hospitals of similar size.
- To give benchmarks and help us set goals for the future.
Who needs to complete the survey?
- All Crozer-Keystone RNs, full-time and part time.
- At least 50 percent of the nurses’ time at work must be in direct patient care.
- Nurses must be part of their unit for a minimum of three months.
How do nurses participate?
- To access the Internet survey site, go directly to the RN Practice Survey site at www.nursingquality.org/survey
- Enter your hospital RN Practice Survey code (provided to you in your letter).
- Select your unit from a drop-down list. Refer to the enclosed card for your unit’s designation.
- Confirm your selections.
- Complete and submit the survey (takes 15-20 minutes).
- A Certificate of Participation is not needed.
What kind of information is asked for in the survey?
- Leadership and support of nurses.
- Staffing and resources.
- Collaboration of nurses and physicians.
- Nurse participation in hospital affairs.
- Quality of care.
- Job enjoyment.