CKHS Lifts Hospital Visitation Restriction
Effectively immediately, CKHS is lifting its Hospital Visitation Restriction Policy, implemented in November 2009 to reduce the spread of influenza.
After consideration of current regional trends in influenza infection rates, the CKHS Infection Control Committee has determined that these restrictions are no longer necessary.
CKHS Hospitals will return to their previously existing visitation policies. Important features of these policies are as follows:
- Insuring that children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Limiting the number of visitors per patient at any one time.
- Discouraging visitors with cold symptoms from visiting patients.
- Encouraging hand hygiene for all visitors.
- Insuring that visitors follow all appropriate isolation and/or contact precaution procedures when visiting patients.