Crozer-Keystone Community Health Center at Folcroft Offering Walk-in Hours
Do you have a sprain or ache, sore throat, runny nose or fever? Don’t wait!
You can now receive high-quality care when it’s convenient for YOU. The Crozer-Keystone Community Health Center at Folcroft is pleased to introduce daily walk-in office hours. No appointment is necessary*.
Monday–Friday: 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Scheduled daily appointments are also available for routine physicals, lab draws, vaccinations, behavioral therapy and nutrition.
*Walk-in hours are available on a first-come, first-served basis and exclude New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
*The facility can only accept HMO patients who declare the Community Health Center as their primary care provider.
The Community Health Center at Folcroft is located at 39 S. Chester Pike in Glenolden, and can be reached at (610) 957-5121.
Upcoming CPR & Babysitting Courses
Healthline Services is pleased to offer the following CPR classes and “Safe Sitter” Babysitting program:
CPR (BLS for Healthcare Providers)
This program includes modules on adult one-rescue CPR, adult two-rescue CPR, infant and child CPR, and adult and pediatric obstructed-airway techniques.
Program will be held from 9a.m. to 2p.m. in the Conference Center at DCMH on Saturdays, April 18 and May 30. Cost is $65 per person. Call (610) 394-1877 to register.
CPR (Heartsaver AED: Adult and Pediatric)
This program is for lay persons and includes modules on adult one-rescue CPR, infant and child CPR, and adult and pediatric obstructed-airway techniques.
Program will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Conference Center at DCMH on Saturdays, April 4 and May 30. Cost is $55 per person or $80 per couple. Call (610) 394-1877 to register.
“Safe Sitter®” Babysitting Program
“Safe Sitter” is a one-day course available to youths 11 years and older. The program teaches them how to care for infants and young children. Taught by certified instructors, SafeSitter thoroughly covers the basics of child care. Students learn about, practice and role play in an array of topics including:
- Safety precautions
- Rescue breathing techniques
- Care for a choking infant or child
- How to recognize emergencies
- Calling for emergency help
Program will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Meeting Room A at DCMH on Saturday April 11. Cost is $50 per person. Call (610) 394-1877 to register.
News from the Taylor Regional Rehabilitation Center
Nursing and therapy staff from Taylor’s Regional Rehabilitation Center are collecting donations for two worthy causes:
Operation Care Packages (OCP)
OCP is a group that sends care packages to our men and women stationed overseas. From now until April 15, Taylor rehab staff will oversee the collection of personal care items, supplies and food, including:
- Protein bars
- Ground coffee, any size singles to large cans or bags
- Kool Aid singles or similar, hot chocolate, hot cider packets, or Gatorade
- Ziplock bags: quart, sandwich, snack, gallon
- Jerky, summer sausage, beef sticks
- Canned fruit, dried fruit, fruit snacks
- Canned hearty soup, ravioli, stew, dried soups/ramen
- Trail mix, nuts, sunflower seeds
- Pre-packaged cookies
- Instant oatmeal, boxed cereal
- Easy mac & cheese, microwave popcorn
- Canned tuna, chicken
- Peanut butter, jelly (no glass, please)
- Small boxes of crackers
- White and black socks (unisex like tube sox or crew sox)
- Postage stamps
- Multivitamins, Tylenol, foot powder, anti-fungal cream
Get the kids involved too! Children can make cards or artwork to give to our soldiers.
Please send your donations to the Regional Rehabilitation Center, on the 4th floor at Taylor Hospital. Contact Alisha Hartunian, nurse manager, at email@example.com or (610) 595-6097 (19-6097), or Kari Stiles, R.N. at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Donations for Rehab Patients
Please consider helping to support the recreational therapy program for Taylor’s rehab patients. Donations of games and other recreational items are needed, such as:
- Adult coloring books and crayons
- Puzzle books: word search, crossword, trivia, sudoku
- Playing cards, card holders and automatic shuffler
- Double six Dominoes
- Left Center Right
- Poker chip set
- Connect Four
- Scattergories & Scattergories Categories
- Wii Sports (bowling, golf, tennis, boxing, etc.)
- Basketball hoop with backboard
- Miniature golf putting cup
- Ring toss
- Insta-table tennis to go set
- Various sized balls (tennis, foam volleyball, large exercise ball)
Donations can be dropped off in the Taylor Nursing Office or to Alisha Hartunian, nurse director, by Tuesday, March 31. She can be reached at email@example.com or (610) 595-6097 (19-6097) if you have questions.