Program Goals and Outcomes
The Radiologic Technology program includes the following student goals and learning objectives.
- Graduates/students will demonstrate clinical competency.
- Graduates/students will employ effective critical thinking skills.
- Graduates/students will develop the professional characteristics of a healthcare practitioner.
- Graduates/students will employ effective communication skills.
- Graduates/students will fulfill the community’s need for registered radiologic technologists.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate appropriate radiation safety principles.
- Students will be competent using radiographic equipment.
- Students will provide competent patient care.
- Students will demonstrate proper positioning techniques to produce optimal radiographic images.
- Students will manipulate radiographic technical factors to produce quality radiographs.
- Students will adhere to patient confidentiality policies.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in the clinical setting.
- Students will participate in professional growth activities.
- Students will practice appropriate oral/written communication skills.
- Students will continue to hone oral and written communication skills to successfully communicate with patients and co-workers.
- Students will interpret the needs of patients and formulate modifications in a variety of circumstances.
- Students will gather and evaluate data to reach conclusions that consider realistic implications and consequences.
- Students will graduate from the radiography program.
- Students will become radiologic technologist.
- Students will be employed within the medical imaging field.
- Graduates will be satisfied with their clinical experience.
- Employers will be satisfied with graduate performance.