Click the links, print the flyers (in PDF format) and post them for your friends, family and community members to see. Then, plan on attending our FREE lectures and events and bring a friend!
Click the title(s) below to open and read about the event.
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month in March
Crozer-Keystone Health System has planned a range of activities to raise awareness and provide education about colorectal cancer and how it can be prevented and treated.
Colorectal cancer is preventable with one simple screening. Learn about this screening and other GI disorders/screenings at our free educational programs in March. For more information and to register for our events, please call 610-284-8158.
Here is a full listing of programs taking place throughout March:
- POSTPONED: March 3: Informational tables, “Get in the Game,” Healthplex® Sports Club, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Note: This event has been postponed until Monday, March 24, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Healthplex®.
- March 7: Dress in Blue Day. All CKHS sites are asked to wear blue. Informational tables will be set up in the cafeteria from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with materials, prizes and pretzels. Staff will be available for questions.
- March 12: An Education Program, “GI Disorders and Screenings: Learn More about Colonoscopies and Endoscopies.” Crozer-Keystone Regional Cancer Center at Brinton Lake (500 Evergreen Drive, Glen Mills).Registration and light dinner: 5:30 p.m. Program 6 to 8 p.m. Speaker: Michael Farber, M.D., CKHN Gastroenterologist
- March 14: Lunch and Learn Education Program, “GI Disorders and Screenings: Learn More about Colonoscopies and Endoscopies.” DCMH (501 N. Lansdowne Ave., Drexel Hill), Meeting Room A, 12 noon. Lunch will be provided. Speaker: TBA
- March 19: Lunch and Learn Education Program, “GI Disorders and Screenings: Learn More about Colonoscopies and Endoscopies.” Springfield Hospital (190 W. Sproul Road, Springfield) Lower Level Conference Room, 12 noon. Lunch will be provided. Speaker: Monica Patel Zeitz, M.D., CKHN Gastroenterologist.
- March 24: Informational tables, “Get in the Game,” Healthplex® Sports Club, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- March 26: Lunch and Learn Education Program, “GI Disorders and Screenings: Learn More about Colonoscopies and Endoscopies.” Taylor Hospital (175 East Chester Pike, Ridley Park), Classrooms A and B, noon. Lunch will be provided. Speaker: TBA
- March 28: Lunch and Learn Education Program, “GI Disorders and Screenings: Learn More about Colonoscopies and Endoscopies.” Crozer-Chester Medical Center (1 Medical Center Blvd., Upland), NE Conference Room #2, noon. Lunch will be provided. Speaker: Joyann Kroser, M.D., CKHN Gastroenterologist.
Attend one of the outreach program in March and sign up for a direct access colonoscopy with CKHN to be entered into a drawling to win a $100 visa gift card.
For details on dates, times and locations of our events:
Download, print and post the flyer about Crozer-Keystone's free educational events about colorectal cancer and other GI disorders during March 2014.
"Breathing 101" on March 6 and April 14
- Do you or someone you love suffer from asthma?
- Do you live with a smoker and have concerns about your lung health?
- Are you a smoker with concerns about breathing and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you will learn a great deal of valuable information at our program, including:
- How you may qualify for the CKHS Lung Screaning Program (for smokers and ex-smokers only).
- How to relieve pain with over-the-counter medications and conservative therapies.
- When to see a doctor for your lung problem.
Thursday, March 6
DCMH, Conference Center
501 N. Lansdowne Avenue, Drexel Hill
Monday, April 14
Crozer Brinton Lake, Cancer Center
500 Evergreen Drive, Glen Mills
5:30 p.m.: Complimentary light dinner
6 p.m.: Program begins
To register for either seminar date, call DCMH Healthline Services at (610) 284-8158 or visit the "Classes and Events" page of www.crozerkeystone.org.
Read our flyer for more information about how you can get involved and download print and post the flyer for others to learn how they can participate!
"Think Pink" Screening Mammography Events are Back!
Whoever said that having your annual screening mammogram had to be a chore? Or done alone?
This March, enjoy light refreshments, get a gift and bring along other important women in your life who also need to get their annual screening mammograms. So choose a date and site that are convenient for you, and call 1-866-CK-XRAY (1-866-525-9729) today to schedule your appointment! Following are locations, dates and times for your convenience:
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
One Medical Center Blvd. Upland, PA 19013
Monday, March 3, 3-8 p.m.
Tuesday, March 25, 3-8 p.m.
Crozer Medical Plaza at Brinton Lake
300 Evergreen Drive, Glen Mills, PA 19342
Thursday, March 6, 4:30-7 pm.
Monday, March 17, 4:30-7 p.m.
Delaware County Memorial Hospital
501 N. Lansdowne Ave. Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Monday, March 10, 3-7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 22, 8 a.m. - Noon
Media Medical Plaza
200 E. State St., Media, PA 19063
Saturday, March 8, 8 a.m. - Noon
Thursday, March 20, 4:30-8 p.m.
190 W. Sproul Rd. Springfield, PA 19064
Thursday, March 6, 3:30-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 26, 3:30-7:30 p.m.
For details on dates and sales:
Download, print and post the flyer about Crozer-Keystone Health System's 'Think Pink' events in March.