Pink in the Park events help to raise
awareness of breast cancer.
Our staff focuses on scheduling a comprehensive outreach schedule throughout Delaware County, and such activities include: diversity programs, screening programs, support groups, health fairs, community education programs (specific health related topics available on request), school events, speakers bureau, and more.
Our current cancer programming includes:
- Breast Cancer Awareness – Educational sessions, Pink in the Park events, Mammography events, and special programs (i.e. screenings for uninsured and underinsured women in Delaware County.)
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness – Educational sessions, special events, direct access colonoscopies.
- Lung Cancer Awareness – Educational sessions, community outreach events, tobacco cessation programs and low cost/low dose lung screenings to high risk patients.
- Prostate Cancer Awareness – Screenings.
- Skin Cancer Awareness – Sun safety education events.
Our current school based programming includes Passport to Health, S.T.R.I.D.E. and sun safety programs.
Our current Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCHM) classes include CPR classes for a fee and safe sitter babysitting classes for a fee. In addition to these classes, we also schedule a series of educational lectures and community outreach events at grocery stores, libraries, our hospitals, and more. The current monthly schedule can be found in Community Connections and future events can be found in Classes/Events on our website.