The support group is open to family, friends and support person of clients currently engaged in treatment at Community Hospital.
The goal is to:
- educate about mental illness
- encourage the involvement of supporters in the maintenance of their loved ones’ faithfulness to treatment
- nurture clients’ personal supports in their aid as client’s achieve their personal goals
- ease caregiver stressors
- improve not only the clients’ quality of life but family, friends, and outside supports’ lives as well
- instill hope in a safe, compassionate environment where all can voice their concerns as a client helper, family member or friend
Meetings are held in the first floor cafeteria.